On the Isle of Wight, an island off the south coast of England, a group of youngsters assisted an elderly woman in escaping a kitchen fire.

The five companions were out walking along the beach when they spotted smoke pouring from the front door of a 97-year-old woman’s house.

After pounding on the front door, the teenagers entered the house and started shouting to alert and locate anybody within. They came upon an old woman who appeared to be completely oblivious to the situation.

“We found the lady, who is very hard of hearing, and she was unaware of the fire alarm and the smoke and didn’t know what was happening,” Sascha Hewson told Island Echo.

Meanwhile, Mark Meyer tracked out the source of the fast spreading smoke in the kitchen, which turned out to be a microwave.

Knowing the dangers of throwing water on an electrical fire, Mark swiftly disconnected the microwave before opening it and dousing the smouldering heat pack inside with water from a nearby kettle before removing the microwave from the premises.

The teenagers then proceeded to open windows and doors to let the smoke out while Izzy Meade dialled 911.

The woman was brought to St Mary’s Hospital for smoke inhalation treatment, but she is now safe and sound at home.

Follow Us

By jerk

Leave a Reply